2009/05/19

Miss Misery - Elliot Smith



I'll fake it through the day 整天 我就假裝
With some help from Johnny Walker Red. 靠著威士忌的幫忙
Send the poison rain down the drain 送點毒雨流下咽喉
To put bad thoughts in my head. 腦裡那些糟糕的念頭

Two tickets torn in half 兩張撕開的票根
And a lot of nothing to do. 許多許多 無所事事
Do you miss me, Miss Misery 你想我嗎 憂愁小姐
Like you say you do? 像你說的那樣﹖

A man in the park 公園裡的男人
Read the lines in my hand, 看著我的手相
Told me I'm strong 告訴我 我很堅強 而且
Hardly ever wrong I said "man you mean" 從不承認錯誤 我說“你真不夠意思”

You had plans for both of us 你早為我們做好了計劃
That involved a trip out of town 和離開這裡有關
To a place I've seen in a magazine 去一個我讀過的地點
That you left lying around. - 在你留下的雜誌裡。
I don't have you with me but 你不在我身邊了但
I keep a good attitude. 我儘量保持樂觀。
Do you miss me, Miss Misery 你想我嗎 憂愁小姐
Like you say you do? 像你說的那樣﹖

I know you'd rather see me gone 我知道你寧可見我走
Than to see me the way that I am, 也不想見我現在這樣
But I am in the life anyway. 但這就是我的生活

Next door the TVs flashing 隔壁的電視閃著
Blue frames on the wall. 牆上的藍色框框
It's a comedy of errors, you see. 是個錯誤的喜劇 知道嗎
It's about taking a fall. 像是 接受失敗

To vanish into oblivion 消失在遺忘裡
Is easy to do. 也不難
And I try to be but you know me 我試著這樣做 但 你知道我
I come back when you want me to. 我還是會回來 當你要我的時候
Do you miss me, Miss Misery 你想我嗎 憂愁小姐
Like you say you do? 像你說的那樣﹖

沒有留言: